Engaging the hearts and minds of equity release advisers
more2life were the third largest later-life lender in the UK with ambitions to beat L&G and Aviva for top spot.
To do this they really needed to connect with the hearts and minds of qualified equity release advisers in the UK and become their provider of choice.
Showcasing adviser-focussed expertise
We identified an opportunity for more2life to showcase its unique product range and adviser-focussed expertise by positioning itself as the IFA champion – the lender who is totally focused on listening to and providing for advisers’ needs. This chimes with more2life’s brand values: they acknowledge that while they provide the product, it’s advisers who use it help change peoples’ lives. We wanted to play on the heroic role of the adviser, while representing the important work more2life does in supporting them.
With this in mind we developed a creative idea that put the adviser at the heart of the campaign. Inspired by the world of secret agents, we decided to explore the adviser’s unique role working alone in the field on a mission to deliver better retirements for their clients.
Of course, every good agent needs the right back up. And that’s exactly where more2life come in, expertly supporting advisers with the highest level of assistance, cutting edge technology and the widest range of lifetime mortgages.
The campaign was launched to advisers with a themed event at the London Film Museum (fittingly celebrating all things Bond).
The digital launch of the campaign took place with the release of our series of short films, designed to replicate the tone and style of classic secret agent movies – but with our own adviser character in the place of Bond. These were shared via social channels and sent to key contacts via email.
We also created a direct mail ‘mission pack’ which we sent to high value advisers to create further intrigue and awareness of the new positioning. The DM included a mission briefing, a video card with a Top Secret message from Q, plus photographs and transcripts of targets (retirees suffering a difficult retirement who are in need of equity release).
On top of this, we redesigned the more2life website, and updated all brand collateral to ensure a consistent message across all channels.
Delivering market leading results
Despite the incredibly tough market environment, since the launch of the campaign in February to June 2020:
- more2life have achieved their ambition of being the #1 Equity Release provider in the market, overtaking L&G and Aviva
- Increasing market share from 25% to 28% over this period
- Increased sales by 6.5% vs. the same period the previous year, despite the overall market shrinking by 4.5% as a result of the pandemic
- The uplift in lending volumes vs. the same period in 2019, represents £1.02m of extra profit
- Total ROI of 384% when comparing profit uplift vs. the total campaign costs
- Shortlisted in x3 categories in the B2B Marketing Awards: Best Multi-Channel Campaign, Best Channel Marketing Initiative and Best use of Direct Marketing