After developing a redefined Benenden Health brand and consumer proposition we needed to bring their new mission, values and brand promises to life, visually and verbally, through a new brand identity.
Creating a fresh, revitalised, modern, relevant, accessible healthcare brand that would appeal to a new younger (45+ year old) target audience without alienating its more mature 800,000 membership base – in order to prepare the brand for its next phase of growth.
We started by reviewing the existing brand and took a pragmatic view as to which brand elements to retain and evolve. The result of that process included:
- Refining the core brand colours to make them much more vibrant and contemporary shades
- Retaining the circular icon to provide some continuity for existing members, but refreshing the logo with a more modern font with symmetric use of the ’n’s to provide more personality and complement the repetition of letters in the name
- Evolving the tone of voice to be savvy, confident and caring to align with our ‘simpler and smarter’ brand proposition
- The creation of new brand curve developed as an eye-catching and flexible device for the titles and product names to stand out
- Creating a new iconography suite and illustration style
- A new photography style that’s candid, real and un-posed, capturing a real moment in time – that our audience can almost see themselves or their family being in
The new brand strategy, name, proposition and identity have completely rejuvenated and energised the business, making the Benenden Health brand much more relevant to the savvy 45 plus target audience, whilst still receiving a positive reception from the much older 800,000 existing members.
Through the distinctive brand elements created, we provided a clear framework to achieve the right balance of consistency and flexibility across all brand communications.
Through our TV ad campaign we have seen a 50% increase in brand consideration and a 38% uplift in traffic to our website.
We’re also really excited to announce that the campaign has been shortlisted for a DMA award in the Financial Services category and FS Forum Marketing Excellence awards for best Brand strategy, Integrated campaign and Advertising campaign.